Thursday, July 31, 2008
Is it still Thursday?
Quick synopsis of our day. After the doctors visit at 9am we came home to rest. Liz slept for about 30 minutes, Brett slept about 3 hours. Liz was a little stir crazy so we went to the outdoor mall close to the hospital and walked around, my mom joined us there. The contractions have grown quite strong at this point but still about 5 minutes apart. Since we were close and the doctor had an opening we went back about 3pm for another visit. Liz had progressed some, but we arent at a critical point. The choice was to be admitted, see what happens and then potentially break her water and start to induce slowly. Or, go home and wait till the contractions are hard and more consitant, this is what we decided to do. The key will be that Liz doesnt get too worn out. She hasnt slept much over the past few days and when things go full on, we want her to have strength. Currently she is laying on the couch sipping a smoothy I made her. About every five minutes her face turns red, eyes tear up and she quits talking. But she is home with the dogs, comfortable and safe. All is well. Thanks for the patience and warm thoughts! We will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fee, we are thinking of you and sending you our best wishes!! I know you will be strong, even though I really cannot quite imagine what it might be like for you. Expect something in the mail soon! (I know that's probably not a big deal for you right now but it will be later :) ).
All our love,
Piper and Scott
Yea Brett & Liz...yea yea yea...
After a little while you will have a brand new baby to welcome to the world. I can't wait to meet the little guy/gal...
PS I hear it helps (during labor)to think about meeting the baby?!
xoJudy
Post a Comment